Slow Cooker - Shepherds Pie Boats
Author: Brea Walker Date Posted:15 February 2017
Are you looking for inventive new ways to get your kids to eat their dinner? This slow cooker Shepherds Pie Boats will be the talk of the house for days. I made these for the kids and a normal version for the adults. Only downside was that husband was disappointed he didn't get boats too.
- 500g Mince
- 1 Carrot diced
- 1 Zucchini diced
- 1 Onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 celery stick diced
- Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Wochershire sauce
- 1 Teaspoon of wholegrain mustard seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Gravy Powder
- 1 Tin of diced tomatoes
- 4 Large Potatoes
- Milk, Butter and Cheese
- 1 packet of mini soft tortilla taco boats.
- Place Onion, Garlic, Carrot, Zucchini and Celery in slow cooker (or stovetop) and sweat over a medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add Mince and stir until beef changes from pink to grey. Add sauce ingredients to the slow cooker and place on high for 4 hours or Low for 8 hours.
When slow cooker is close to finishing:
- Boil potatoes until soft and mash using milk and butter to preferred consistancy.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Spoon mixture into the mini taco boats and cover with mashed potato and a sprinkling of cheese.
- Place on a baking tray in the over until the cheese browns.
I made the slow cooker part of this dish the night before and left it on low for 8 hours. When I had woken in the morning the mixture was still warm but not hot. I placed it into the fridge until that afternoon. All I needed to do was make mashed potato and serve them up.