Easy Beef Mince Curry - Thermomix
Author: Brea Walker Date Posted:10 February 2016
Time got away from me yesterday and it wasn’t until 2pm that I started thinking about what I would make for dinner. I googled – Easy Toddler Dinners and up popped Easy Beef Mince Curry . This dish looked pretty easy and I had all the ingredients. Just needed to convert the dish to Thermomix as I couldn’t be bothered cutting or grating anything. Here is my version of the Beef Mince Curry – Thermo Toddler-fied.
Luca had 3 big servings of this meal. Eli had a meltdown last night so he only really got 5 large spoonfuls in before he had a tantrum, splitting his lip whilst at it. I only used 1 heaped teaspoon of curry powder last night so it was not too hot but hubby and I agreed that it needed a little more.
- 2 tbsp olive oil (or coconut oil)
- 1 onion, cut in quarters
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp curry powder (use less for a milder taste)
- 1 Tbsp vegetable stock concentrate
- 500g beef mince
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 2 large carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 Zucchini, roughly chopped
- 1 large red capsicum, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rice to serve – cooked however you prefer: Stove, microwave, rice cooker, thermomix
- Place onion and garlic in TM bowl, Chop Speed 7 for 5 seconds.
- Scrap down sides. Add oil to TM bowl; cook 5 mins, 100, Speed 2
- Scrap down sides. Add Carrots, Zucchini and Capsicum in TM bowl. Chop Speed 7 for 10 seconds (less if you want larger vegetable pieces)
- Scrap down sides. Add Curry Powder and Vegetable Stock to TM Bowl. Cook 5 mins, 100, Speed 2
- Add Diced Tomatoes to TM bowl. Place TM steamer insert into TM Bowl. Place Mince into steamer in large clumps. Cook 15 mins, 100, Speed 1
- Check that Mince is cooked in steamer insert.
- Place Cooked mince into sauce in TM Bowl and mix on speed 4 until mince is completely mixed into sauce. Don’t overmix or you will end up with puree.
- Serve with rice.
Note: This recipe has not been tested by Thermomix Australia. They always recommend that you observe the safety instructions in the thermomix instructions manual at all times.