Sweet Potato Puree - 4 months plus
Author: Brea Date Posted:8 May 2016
Xavier is now 24 weeks old and has shown a lot of interest in food. He has been sucking on slices of pear and apple which is soothing for his gums. Sweet potato is one of the first puree's I made for the twins. I believe that Roasting the Sweet Potato gives it a really meaty flavour and I cannot lie - I enjoy eating the caramelised skin.
- 500g of sweet potato, scrubbed with skins on
- Preheat oven to 200 C
- Prick the potatoes and place on baking tray
- Roast for approximately 40 mins
- Let them cool slightly before cutting sweet potato in half and scooping out the flesh.
- Puree in food processor to desired consistency.
Note: You can use breast milk or formula to thin out as required. Add this as required on feeding rather than in bulk. Freezer friendly.
Tip - Freeze any leftovers for another day.